The Traffic Division handles all moving violations filed in Jersey County. The division is also responsible for the maintenance of records and the collection of fines for such cases.
Traffic fines and fees will vary with the sentence and the respective arresting agency. For questions please contact the Jersey County Circuit Court Clerk Office.
Please review our list of frequently asked questions or if you would like to look up information on a case, please go to our Court Records Search website for Specific Case Information, Court Date Information and Payment History. Click on Search to start. Enter your last name followed by a comma and then your first name, or enter your case number if available. On the payment tab, you can view payment history information.
Requesting Court Supervision
You may now receive court supervision WITHOUT appearing in court. Below are the ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS and the PLEA which you are agreeing to.
- You have not been placed on Court Supervision in any court for a traffic offense committed within the 12 months preceding the issuance of the traffic ticket for which you are requesting court supervision.
- Your current ticket indicates that no court appearance is required.
- You were not under the age of 18 at the time of the violation and are thus allowed to participate in online supervision.
- If you meet the criteria, you will be granted court supervision for a 90 day period.
- I am requesting that the court place me on supervision for my current traffic ticket. It does not require me to appear in court.
- I understand that my supervision will last 90 days from the date the PLEA is recorded at the court and it requires me to remain without additional traffic violations during this time.
- I have not been placed on court supervision for any other traffic ticket issued within 12 months (365 days) of my current violation.
- I understand that I am PLEADING GUILTY to the charge on this ticket, I WAIVE my right to a hearing by the court or jury and request court supervision.
- I understand my supervision will be revoked and my guilty plea will be used to enter a conviction if:
- I am found to be ineligible.
- I receive another traffic violation within my supervision period.
- I further understand, if I make an application for supervision and I am not eligible, OR I receive another traffic conviction within my Court Supervision period, OR I fail to pay the appropriate fine and fee, THAT A CONVICTION WILL BE ENTERED AGAINST ME AND REPORTED TO THE SECRETARY OF STATE TO BE INCLUDED ON MY DRIVING RECORD.
Making Payments (on Traffic, misdemeanor or DUI cases only)
If you have entered into a payment plan to pay your court ordered fine, you are responsible for making that payment by the due date set forth in your agreement. If you can’t make your payment by the due date, you will need to appear in court. If you don’t make your payment by the due date, you will need to catch your payments up as soon as possible, appear in court to set up a new payment agreement or a warrant could be issued for your arrest or your case could be referred to a collection agency. We offer several ways for you to make your payments:
- In Person;
- By Mail;
- Online; (using credit card);
You may make your payments at the Courthouse, 201 W. Pearl Street, Jerseyville, IL 62052. We accept cash, credit card, money orders, and cashier’s checks.
Send to Jersey County Clerk of Courts’ Office, Attention: Traffic Division, 201 W. Pearl Street, Jerseyville, IL 62052. Please do not mail cash. Make sure to reference your case # on your payment.
Go to our Court Payments Online web page to make your payment by credit card.
Attend Traffic Class
Lewis & Clark Community College offers Traffic Safety School Classes. Illinois drivers under age 21 who receive a citation for a traffic violation and who request court supervision must attend Traffic Safety School pursuant to Illinois Public Act 95-310. Learn More